Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Back in Ontario

It has been far too long since I posted but I was hoping to have resolved the issues I have been encountering with Facebook. Apparently I am not allowed to post video's anymore which is extremely unfortunate.

A lot has gone on since I last posted. The Vancouver event wrapped up and we took the ferry over to Victoria. We had a couple of days before the event but their was much to do. Our first trip to the University of Victoria was where I was acquainted with a large population of Bunnies. They appear to be everywhere on campus. I happened to ask someone why their were so many rabbits and was told the story. Apparently many years ago someone pulled a prank in the school science labs and released all the rabbits. These rabbits then of course mated which is why the population is so large today. Wondering if that is more just a funny made up story or if it is actually what happened.

The Victoria event was another huge success. The participants had a amazing time and the weather remained relatively dry and sunny. My BlackBerry street team was once again phenomenal. The bar is being set higher every time now Lets hope that continues.

                                                       (sunrise from the ferry to Victoria)
        
Once the event finished we had an hour and half before I had to drive the U-haul back to the ferry. This was the beginning of 24 hours of hell. I arrived at the Ferry terminal and boarded the ferry about 30mins late. The ferry ride lasts approximately an hour and half. I was in Vancouver by 9:40pm and then had about a half an hour drive to the airport where I was to unload the U-haul contents into an Air Canada cargo container, return the U-haul and get on my flight to Halifax. I unfortunately missed my flight and had to stay in the Fairmont hotel at the airport. It cost 300 for the night and I had a hard time justifying that amount of money for a 5 hour sleep. It was my only option so I ended up staying there. at least I was able to live in luxury for that small amount of time.

Once in my hotel room I called West Jet so that I could change my flight. They had told me their was a flight to Halifax in the morning at 7am. I set my alarm woke up at 5:30am and went to check in. I picked up my boarding pass, loaded my luggage, and went through security only to find out that I was put on the wrong plane. Instead of going to Halifax I was headed to Toronto. West Jet corrected the mistake but it cost me 3 hours in Toronto. Thankfully my mom met me at the airport and we were able to eat some food and catch up. I finished eating and scurried off to catch my flight which was delayed by an hour. The original plane that was to be used for this flight was stuck in poor weather and never took off from the airport it was originally flying from.

at about 5:45 in the afternoon I finally boarded my flight to Halifax. I landed at 9:30pm went to the Hotel and slept.

Halifax was extremely nice. I didn't have much of an opportunity to do any sightseeing which was a little disappointing but I was able to walk downtown and along the stores that face the waterfront. The second night we were there we went to dinner where the food was amazing. In addition to amazing food the pub had amazing live music. I learned that many bars and pubs in Halifax have constant live music and entertainment.


The third event was at Dalhousie University in Halifax and again it went incredibly smoothly. It appears that Madison and I are starting to become much more efficient at our jobs allowing us more time to focus on preparing for the following event.  The event concluded I was able to go to St,Mary's track and do a workout and then went out for dinner with everyone at a fairly fancy restaurant.

The following day, I embarked on a 14 hour long drive from Halifax to Ottawa. The drive was very interesting as I have never had the opportunity to travel to Nova Scotia or New Brunswick. The drive was extremely tiring but a great experience.

Tomorrow is the Ottawa Campus Chase. It should be another great event. Only 2 more days till I am home in my own bed. I cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment