Sunday, October 4, 2009

The beginning of the Next Chapter

As captain of the York University track and field team in Toronto, Canada I took on a task of keeping each and every member focused. It began each Monday with a weekly email I entitled "Good Monday Morning". I began each email with a new an inspiring quote. It was a few words that I hoped would go a long way.

So as I was beginning to gather up the courage to start a blog I thought I would continue the tradition I began in University and start each one off with an inspiring quote.

"The samurai Sword is a thing of beauty, its blade unsurpassed by any other sword. Those that wield it have earned un-paralleled respect and honour. In times of our greatest difficulty, we look for the sharpest edge to end our pain and suffering, however like that sword, it is through the heat and fire and years of being beaten that the finest swords in the world are made. If you remember, when you feel that there is no hope, if you only wish for the end to take you, remember that you are the samurai sword and nothing can stop you after you get through this"

6 weeks ago it began. My 2008-2009 track and field season had come to a close, I was studying feveriously for my GMAT's, and I was enjoying some much needed rest and relaxation. A mere two days into my vacation the phone rings. It is my mentor and former Director of Marketing at Wrigley. He informs me of a job opportunity and requests I send in my resume and express my interest. I follow the instructions and within a week I have been blessed with employment.

The job is with the world's largest urban adventure series City Chase (http://www.mitsubishicitychase.com/). Think of the amazing race but through a more urban landscape. It attracts thousands of participants each year and continues to grow. I have been hired to market an extension of the program entitled Campus Chase(http://www.campuschase.ca/). We will have 9 events across Canada starting in Vancouver October 7th, 2009. It is not an easy task but I know I am up for the challenge.

I have begun this blog to document each of the events. Through video's, photo's, texts, and tweets I hope to give some an idea of the world of event marketing.

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment